This post contains affiliate links! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full affiliate disclosure HERE.
The information I share in this blog is based on my personal experience, conclusions, observations and studies, or taken from books and educational materials, which are mentioned in the articles. I am not a medical professional, nor a health expert. Before implementing any of the information shared in this blog, consult with your physician or nutritionist!
Keto Bulgarian Yogurt Breakfast
Now that we you have discovered how to make your own healthy Bulgarian yogurt (which is a wonderful LCHF friendly food!), you may be wondering how to incorporate it successfully in your keto lifestyle.
If you have missed the tutorial, you can find it down below:
And I would like to make one suggestion using this delicious probiotic food for the most important meal of the day – the breakfast! For everyone who wants to keep their body healthy and lean, the breakfast is a crucial part of one’s lifestyle especially following the HFLC diet plan!
So, my keto Bulgarian yogurt breakfast recipe strives to nourish the body with healthy fats, easily digestible proteins, fiber, and last but not least – metabolism boosting agents. But more about them – a bit later!
First, a quick clarification – if you are wondering whether yogurt (and Bulgarian yogurt in particular) is a low carb friendly food or not, make sure you read the previous article where you can find the answer to your question.
Now, what do we have in this healthy keto Bulgarian yogurt breakfast recipe?
I have added a couple of my most favorite ingredients for any healthy diet plan – the magical ginger root, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. These exceptionally healthy spices are wonderful additions for a nutritional breakfast that fight inflammation, boost the immune system naturally, speed the metabolism, and of course (something that is extremely important for all the low carb diet fans) lower the blood sugar level! Talking about a head start for the day!
Actually, this Bulgarian yogurt meal can be a perfect keto post workout snack or a yummy low carb afternoon snack!
Psst! Speaking of the keto diet and weight-loss, I have an upcoming book on healthy weight-loss using the low carb diet plan, specially designed for women. If you wish to be among the first to learn more is, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter and become an insider! You will get access to many cool freebies and special surprises!
What can I add to this keto Bulgarian yogurt breakfast?
The options to tweak this keto recipe to your preferences are endless! But here are some suggestions you might want to try:
- You can make the meal sweeter by adding some low carb friendly fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, mulberries, blackberries, red currant, etc.
- You can increase the amounts of fiber by adding flax seed powder, ground keto approved nuts and seeds (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc.), Psyllium husk, and more.
- You can boost the amounts of healthy nutrients such as proteins, vitamins, and minerals by including hemp seeds, bee pollen (you can read all about the wonderful positive effects of this natural supplement right HERE), your favorite low carb approved protein powder, or a scoop of your daily dose of LCHF friendly collagen powder (the magical health benefits of collagen are something that should not be missed!)! By the way, there are even some favored collagen powders which may add a little more deliciousness to this healthy keto Bulgarian yogurt breakfast!
Now let’s get to the super easy keto breakfast yogurt recipe!
Nutritional info according to Cron-o-meter:
Want more Bulgarian yogurt recipes and ideas? Here is more!
Stay tuned for more healthy gluten-free and low carb recipes!
Until next time!
- Moon without Course Survival Guide (Idle Moon Phase) - September 24, 2020
- Perimenopause and Herbs (Perimenopause Herbal Tea Remedies) - September 17, 2020
- Phalaenopsis Orchids Plant Care Guide (Phalaenopsis Care for Beginners) - September 15, 2020