This post contains affiliate links! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full affiliate disclosure HERE.
The information I share in this blog is based on my personal experience, conclusions, observations and studies, or taken from books and educational materials, which are mentioned in the articles. I am not a medical professional, nor a health expert. Before implementing any of the information shared in this blog, consult with your physician or nutritionist!
12 Day Liver Detox Diet Plan (Liver Healing Herbs and Foods)
How to perform a natural liver healing easily and effectively?
Ah, the liver – the workaholic of the body! The liver is the largest internal organ in our bodies and its condition is responsible for our overall health, vitality, and energy.
It has more than 500 functions:
- from processing 90% of the nutrients, transforming food into energy and storing it;
- it extracts the vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates and fatty acids from the blood and transforms them into nutrients;
- removes bacteria and toxins from the blood and plays a significant role in our immune system.
Unhealthy food, polluted environment, chronic exhaustion and stress overload the liver which leads to decreasing its ability to detoxify our bodies.
Unhealthy tan, damaged and brittle hair, under eye bags, fatigue, irritability and slower metabolism indicate that this essential organ needs cleansing. Note that these can be some of the liver detox diet symptoms as well which will subside after the cleansing period.
Autumn and spring are the seasons which are excellent for detoxification of the body but it could be done at any time. The results are better digestion, a higher sense of emotional and physical health, stronger immune system, less joint pain (as I mentioned in my previous article, regular liver detox with RA /rheumatoid arthritis/ is an important part in relieving this painful condition), etc. Remember to consult with your doctor before applying any remedies or making radical diet changes!
Here are a few suggestions you can try to help out your liver:
1. Herbal treatment of liver disease and detox
– Dandelion decoction – boil 2 tbsp of dandelion herb in ½ liter (2 cups) water for about 5 min. Next, strain the tea and divide it into three parts. Drink each part of the decoction half an hour before meal for at least one month.
– Dandelion/ chicory / stinging nettle decoction – mix equal parts from the herbs. Boil 2 tbsp from the mix in ½ liter (2 cups) water for 5 min. Cover the pot and let the decoction sit for 25-30 min. Again, strain the mixture, divide into 3 parts and drink one part before meal.
– Dandelion & thistle decoction – put 1 tbsp dandelion root and 1 tbsp thistle seed in ½ liter water and boil for 5 min. Strain the tea and divide into 3 parts. Drink each part half an hour before meal.
2. Beetroot & carrot juice
– Start with 50 ml (3 ½ tbsp) fresh beetroot juice mixed with 250 ml (1 cup) carrot juice. Slowly increase the beetroot juice over the following days until you reach 150 ml (1/2 cup).
– Put 1 kg peeled beetroot in 3 liters (12 ½ cups) water and let it simmer for 2 hours.
Take out the bulbs and mince them well. Put them back in the water and bring it to boil. Next, take it off the heat. Strain the mixture and divide into 4 parts. Drink each part in one day – one part every 3-4 hours.
Remember to grab my FREE gifts – healthy recipes, healing smoothies, and gentle detoxing rituals! ↓↓↓
Go HERE and claim your copy now!
3. Liver healing with homeopathy
– Take 5 pellets Lycopodium 6C each morning for at least 2-3 months.
4. Let’s do some yoga!
Yoga has this magical way to help the overall health of our bodies. But there are some asanas that are extremely beneficial for the liver, especially when executed daily:
- Meru Vakrasana (Spinal twist)
- Utthita Hasta Merudandasana (Raised hands and spine)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half spinal twist)
Try to hold the asanas for at least 30 sec. Here is a very helpful video for you to see how exactly to do these poses:
5. Liver detox diet plan
Unfortunately, it is impossible not to mention that to help the liver we have to make some dietary changes. It is best if you can implement them right away. If you are unable to do so, don’t beat yourself up, just do what you can. Your liver will be grateful!
Try to avoid:
- Deli meat – substitute with grass-fed organic meat
- Cigarettes/ cigars/ tobacco
- Refined sugar – substitute with fruits, small amounts of honey, coconut sugar or maple syrup
- Artificial sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Aspartame, Sacchari, Cyclamate, etc.)
- Artificial food dyes
- Artificial food supplements
- Non-life supporting medications
- Synthetic vitamins (non-organic)
Try to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables as much as possible, especially organic ones.
Speaking of detoxing from sugar, I would like to suggest the LCHF diet plan as one of the best ways to lose the extra pounds and quit this unhealthy white substance! So, I am happy to announce that my new book on healthy weight-loss using the low carb diet plan for women is up on Amazon! I also have a special celebration gift for you – a FREE COOKBOOK “10 Quick and Easy Meatless Keto Recipes“! Subscribe to my newsletter and get access to your cool freebies and special surprises! ==>
6. Relaxation and meditation for liver healing
Relaxation and meditation are essential for our overall health and wellbeing. Due to our modern hectic lifestyles and information overload, we are constantly producing stress hormones which cause distress to the whole body. Moreover, since our largest internal organ is our top detoxing machine, it is responsible for filtering and disarming these hormones put of our system. sadly, over-production of cortisol and adrenaline can overload this organ and lead to fatty liver and liver diseases. So, do not underestimate the power of regular meditation and relaxation to recharge your body and take off some of the load of this precious and vital organ!
As you may already know, EFT is the universal assistant! We can use this powerful technique to help our bodies be healthier. Here is a sample tapping sequence for the precious liver:
Karate chop point : Even though I really need to detoxify my body, I deeply and completely love and accept myself. (3 times)
Eyebrow point : All these toxins in my body.
Outside of the eye: All this overload to my liver.
Under the eye: I need to detoxify my body.
Under the nose: I want to feel more vibrant and energized.
Chin point: But all these toxins in my body are getting in the way.
Collarbone point: I choose to release all physical and emotional toxins.
Under the arm: I choose to help my liver work easily.
Top of the head: I choose to help my body feel better.
Eyebrow point: I release all toxins from my body.
Outside of the eye: I release all toxic emotions.
Under the eye: I release the need to eat unhealthily.
Under the nose: I release all the resistance to exercising.
Chin point: I choose to be healthier, stronger and happier.
Collarbone point: I choose to release all toxins from my body.
Under the arm: I love and take care of my liver.
Top of the head: I love and take care of my body.
Take a deep breath and drink some water.
More detox articles and recipes:
Remember you don’t need to implement all these things at once. You can always start slowly because each small step taken every day can make a significant change over in the long run. Also, consult with your doctor before applying any remedies or making radical diet changes!
If you liked my suggestion for an easy 12 day liver detox diet plan, you can check my complete detoxing bible “Complete Body Cleansing and Strong Immunity Bundle“!
Because you want to feel good instantly!
Are weight-loss and health always on your list of New Year’s resolutions? Then listen up!
Here’s everything you need to know to start cleansing your precious body and building a strong immune system FAST!
“Complete Body Cleansing and Strong Immunity Bundle” is your ultimate healthy living bible with EXCLUSIVE detox recipes that will get you the RESULTS YOU DESIRE!
Uncover the surprising breakthrough wellness habits, building a powerful immune system tactics, and deep cleansing and healing methods for achieving optimal weight, health, and happiness!
Discover everything you need to know to jump-start your health and wellness journey!
Book 4 of the Healthy Detox and Strong Immunity Series will show you some hidden gems like:
=> Quick and yummy healthy recipes with nutritious ingredients.
=> Plenty of toning, refreshing, and cleansing smoothie recipes!
=> Detoxing and strengthening aromatic herbal blends!
=> Daily mini healthy habits, which will gently start your colon cleanse, and heal or prevent from constipation;
=> Deep powerful detoxing methods on a monthly and yearly basis;
=> The best gut healing methods to strengthen your immune system;
=> Countless recipes and natural remedies that boost our defense system;
=> and so much more!
Start transforming your life TODAY with “Complete Body Cleansing and Strong Immunity Bundle“!
Stay tuned for more health articles and recipes!
‘Till next time!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Cake (Weight Loss Butternut Squash Pie) - May 26, 2020
- Vegan Lenten Cookbook (Good Vegan Cookbook for Beginners) - May 14, 2020
- Bolognese Zoodles Recipe for Weight Loss (+How to Preserve Zoodles) - May 11, 2020