This post contains affiliate links! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full affiliate disclosure HERE.
The information I share in this blog is based on my personal experience, conclusions, observations and studies, or taken from books and educational materials, which are mentioned in the articles. I am not a medical professional, nor a health expert. Before implementing any of the information shared in this blog, consult with your physician or nutritionist!
Tahini Keto Cake (Tahini Halva Cake Recipe)
Today’s suggestion is something I am really thrilled to share with you – a yummy tahini keto cake which is actually pretty close to the tahini halva recipe.
Just a little background – the tahini halva is a dessert popular in the Middle East, some parts of Asia, and of course – my motherland – the Balkans. But the traditional recipe is packed with sugar, so I wanted to make a vegan keto dessert easy to make and which will contain only healthy ingredients – healthy fats, lots of fiber, proteins, and very little carbs!
But first, let’s talk a little bit about the main compound in our keto tahini cake and the main question that may arise…
Is tahini low carb?
To answer this question, we need to take a look at the carbs in tahini, and more importantly – the net carbs (total carbohydrates minus the fiber). Looking at the tahini nutrition stats from Cronometer (a very cool free app for calculating your macros!), we can take a deep sigh of relief; the net carbs for a 100-gram serving of this delicious vegan food are merely 1.9 g which make sesame tahini a completely keto-friendly food! Whohoo! BUT – always read the labels of the products you buy and make sure they do not contain any added sugar!
BTW, since we are on the topic of keto tahini recipes, make sure you check out this awesome sesame tahini bread! You are going to love it! I promise!
Now, back to our tahini keto cake!
Making an easy and quick vegan keto dessert seems like an impossible job, but we have some amazing low carb products at our disposal to make it absolutely achievable.
First, we have something I have become quite fond of lately – the amazing creamed coconut which you may recall from the ultimate delicious gluten-free fudgy ice cream recipe I shared previously.
Next, to prepare this low carb vegan chocolate cake obviously we need to add some cacao powder which is a fabulous energy booster that supports the nervous system as well. But to make this tahini halva even more nutritious, I have added walnuts (again – perfect brain food!) and the outstanding superfood – chia seeds.
Now, as a result, we have a tahini halva recipe which is yummy, healthy, diet-friendly, and super nutritious with merely 4 grams of nets carbs per one 100-gram serving according to Cronometer. Not bad, huh!
How to make the sesame tahini keto cake sweeter?
I understand that the sweetness of this low carb vegan cake may not be enough for some.
So, here are a couple of suggestions to indulge your taste buds:
- Skip the cacao powder – although it is super healthy, this compound adds a bit of bitterness, so you can totally skip it. Well, it won’t be a chocolate tahini cake but still it would be super delicious.
- Add some erythritol – erythritol is one of the best tasting keto friendly sweeteners along with xylitol, and monk fruit extract. I know it is not very budget-friendly, but it is not supposed to be consumed frequently in large amounts anyway. I have described all of their pro’s and con’s in my upcoming book on healthy weight-loss using the low carb diet plan, specially designed for women. If you wish to be among the first to learn more is, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter and become an insider! You will get access to many cool freebies and special surprises!
- Add some berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, red currant, etc. are some of the keto diet fruits you can eat and add to this keto tahini cake if you like. It will make it juicier, healthier, and much more enjoyable!
And now, finally, get your shopping list ready, and let’s get cooking! This recipe will take you about 15 minutes to make (not counting the time for the cake to set, but the cake batter is 100% consumable right away!).
Oh, I almost forgot – just like with the ice cream recipe, this mixture is very versatile and you can use it for many different creations – quick and easy vegan chocolate mousse, cake icing recipe, healthy pancake topping, coconut truffle base, fat bomb base, etc. Let your imagination run wild!
Nutritional info according to Cron-o-meter:
Most Common Mistakes When Going Vegan
What Are the Vegan Diet Benefits?
Sugar-free Balkan Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Tikvenik)
My 10 Beginner Weight Loss Commandments I
My 10 Weight Loss Rules for Beginners II
If you liked this vegan keto tahini cake recipe, check out “The Healthy Vegan Dessert Cookbook: Delicious Muffins and Biscuits, Easy Cakes and Pies, Irresistible Energy Balls and Bites, Raw Vegan Diet Sweets, Mouthwatering Pudding Recipes, and more“!
100 AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS VEGAN DESSERTS YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE!
“The Healthy Vegan Dessert Cookbook” will enchant you with its simple and delicious recipes!
You will find tons of tasty and sweet ideas for your vegan lifestyle!
Get ready for:
=> Delicious cakes, pies, and bundts;
=> Tasty muffins and brownies;
=> Cookies and biscuits for the whole family;
=> Raw cheesecakes and energy bars;
=> Fast and easy bites when you are on the go;
=> Yummy gooey puddings and creams your kids will fall in love with;
=> and so much more!
Satisfy your sweet cravings with these simple, yummy, and healthy sweets and dive into the waters of vegan cooking with “The Healthy Vegan Dessert Cookbook“!
Stay tuned for more healthy stuff!
Bon Appetite and stay healthy!
- What Foods Help Herniated Discs (Bulged Disk Nutrition) - June 5, 2021
- 40+ Great Gifts for Virgo Man (Best Gift Ideas for Virgo Male) - May 20, 2021
- What is 10th House Lord in Seventh House in Astrology? - April 23, 2021