This post contains affiliate links! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full affiliate disclosure HERE.
The information I share in this blog is based on my personal experience, conclusions, observations and studies, or taken from books and educational materials, which are mentioned in the articles. I am not a medical professional, nor a health expert. Before implementing any of the information shared in this blog, consult with your physician or nutritionist!
Low Carb Pumpkin Cake (Weight Loss Butternut Squash Pie)
I know, I know – it is not exactly pumpkin season, but do not worry – nowadays pumpkins and squashes are available almost throughout the whole year.
If not, feel free to pin this recipe to your Thanksgiving Pinterest board and come back to it later during the fall! 🙂
Now, developing a low carb cake is not an easy task, right? Well, after removing almost all the carbs, there are limited ingredients we can work with.
Fortunately, pumpkin is one of those versatile healthy fruits that can work wonderfully in both sweet and savory dishes which are totally keto-friendly.
For our low carb recipe today we will be using the help of erythritol, although I believe the recipe can perfectly go without since pumpkin puree is naturally sweet (especially some sorts like butternut squash). Alternatively, you can use all kinds of keto-friendly sweeteners you have at your disposal or you prefer, such as stevia, xylitol, monk fruit, Swerve, etc.
These are the main ingredients you will need for this delicious low carb pumpkin puree cake:
- pumpkin puree – preferably homemade freshly prepared, but you can try with some tinned if you do not have time and energy to deal with raw pumpkins;
- eggs – preferably prom free-range happy chickens;
- sour cream – I always try to include this ingredient in my keto recipes because it a wonderful LCHF-compatible food with lots of healthy fats and beneficial probiotics which improve our immunity and promote healthy weight-loss. You can read more about the magic of probiotics right about here: Building the Immune System with Probiotic Gut Health Foods
I usually use Bulgarian sour cream with its specific Bulgarian bacterial culture which is absolutely amazing in “eating” most of the lactose and the end product is perfectly keto-friendly. Here’s the recipe for the vegan dairy-free version with my favorite yogurt starter: Traditional Bulgarian Coconut Yogurt (Lactose Free Coconut Sour Cream);
- coconut butter – supplies lots of vegan-friendly healthy fats, but feel free to substitute with regular cow butter if you like the taste or something even better – ghee;
- desiccated coconut and coconut flour – We can’t have a keto diet without coconuts and their indispensable fiber, am I right? 😉 If you do not like coconut flour, you can substitute with almond meal – it is even slightly sweeter;
- cottage cheese (you could say that this could turn out to be an excellent weight loss pumpkin cheesecake) – if you cannot find Sodium-free cottage cheese, you can use regular cream cheese used for making cheesecakes;
- gelatin – I like gelatin since it is an excellent and budget-friendly substance which nourishes our joints and connective tissues, but if you wish to make this weight loss butternut squash pie recipe 100 % vegetarian, you can use agar-agar instead;
- vanilla, baking powder (or baking soda), and some husk seeds for easier binding of the ingredients.
The exact quantities and detailed instructions are in the recipe card below!
Psst! But before we continue with this yummy low carb pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, I would like to remind you that my new book on healthy weight-loss using the low carb diet plan for women is up on Amazon! I also have a special celebration gift for you – a FREE COOKBOOK “10 Quick and Easy Meatless Keto Recipes“! Subscribe to my newsletter and get access to your cool freebies and special surprises! ==>
Alright! Are you ready for a super easy low carb pumpkin cake with merely 5 grams of net carbs per one 100-gram serving?
Let’s do this!
Nutritional stats from my favorite FREE online calculator Cronometer:
If you liked this delicious keto pumpkin cake recipe, you can find my weight-loss plan for women in “The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan”!
LOSE THE EXTRA WEIGHT WITHOUT LOSING YOUR MIND!
“The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan” is your guide for a faster, easier, and healthier weight-loss!
Achieve your desired healthy weight without starving or exhausting workouts!
THIS BOOK WILL TEACH YOU HOW AND ANSWER ALL YOUR BURNING QUESTIONS:
-> How can I burn the extra fat without starving myself?
-> How to stop the yo-yo dieting for good?
-> How to build healthy routines on an autopilot with zero willpower?
-> How to support my digestive system and slim down at the same time?
-> How to lose the extra weight without sacrificing my health?
-> How to learn to listen to my body’s needs in terms of nutrition and fitness?
-> and so much more!
GRAB YOUR COPY AND START TRANSFORMING YOUR BODY AND MIND RIGHT NOW!
Drop the extra pounds, restore your gut health, and quit dieting with “The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan”!
Enjoy my other gluten-free and low carb recipes using Bulgarian yogurt below:
Stay tuned for more healthy recipes and articles!
‘Till next time!
- What Foods Help Herniated Discs (Bulged Disk Nutrition) - June 5, 2021
- 40+ Great Gifts for Virgo Man (Best Gift Ideas for Virgo Male) - May 20, 2021
- What is 10th House Lord in Seventh House in Astrology? - April 23, 2021