This post contains affiliate links! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full affiliate disclosure HERE.
The information I share in this blog is based on my personal experience, conclusions, observations and studies, or taken from books and educational materials, which are mentioned in the articles. I am not a medical professional, nor a health expert. Before implementing any of the information shared in this blog, consult with your physician or nutritionist!
Low Carb Savory Cookies with Stinging Nettle Flour (perfect St. Patrick’s Day snacks)
If you wish to prepare something fast and easy, keto-friendly, tasty but also suitable for a healthy weight management menu, these keto green cookies are perfect for you!
By the way, if you are a fan of the LCHF diet plan for weight-loss and managing various health conditions (metabolic syndrome, high blood sugar level, IBS, gluten intolerance), I am happy to announce that my new book on healthy weight-loss using the low carb diet plan for women is up for pre-orders on Amazon! I also have a special celebration gift for you – a FREE COOKBOOK “10 Quick and Easy Meatless Keto Recipes“! Subscribe to my newsletter and get access to your cool freebies and special surprises! ==>
How to make savory cookies with almond flour?
The preparation of these yummy green keto snacks, you will need just a couple of ingredients:
- Olive oil – feel free to use butter as well.
- Feta cheese – you can substitute with cottage cheese or goat cheese. Take a note how salty the cheese is. I usually soak my feta before cooking with it, so the dish does not become too salty. Otherwise, I will not add more Sodium to the cookies.
- Low carb friendly flour – for this recipe I have used equal amounts of almond flour and coconut flour. You can use only almond, if you wish, or substitute with a different type – sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seed, etc.
- Stinging nettle flour (powder) – this substance will give our keto savory breakfast cookies their nicely green color, but also it will add a ton of nutritional substances – vitamins, chlorophyll, micro-elements, minerals, etc. This is the perfect way to sneak greens into our kids’ food. In case you do not like the strong taste of stinging nettle, you can substitute with any other dehydrated leafy green veggie such as spinach powder or parsley powder, wheatgrass, moringa, kale, etc. whichever taste you prefer.
- Psyllium husk seeds – psyllium seeds are the perfect source of healthy fiber which has the power to improve our bowel movement, prevent various intestinal diseases, and stabilize the cholesterol level. If you do not have them at your disposal, no worries, you can skin them. I have added this ingredient merely as a tool to absorb more of the excess liquid and to make the stinging nettle cookies nicely soft and compact.
- Additional ingredients you can include are garlic powder, if you love the taste, caraway, and a little bit of dried honey garlic (something we call samardala spice). Honey garlic powder is probably one of the most beloved spices in Bulgaria! I highly recommend finding this spice or growing it in your garden. It tastes heavenly!
See the full instructions and exact measurements, in the recipe card below!
As you can see, all these ingredients are available pretty much all year round, so this recipe is very versatile and can be served for various occasions.
For example, I used a special four leaf clover cookie cutter to make shamrock shaped biscuits which are the perfect St. Patrick’s Day party food!
Also, you can make Grinch cookies, Hulk fists, or whatever shape you prefer to prepare some yummy savoury cookies for a cocktail party. I personally, have made some green eggs for Easter, flowers, and crescent Moons. 🙂
Grab the recipe!
Nutritional stats from my favorite FREE online calculator Cronometer:
Want more low carb recipes? Take a look at these suggestions:
Low Carb Pizza Recipe (Gluten Free Pizza Recipe)
Low Carb Spanakopita Recipe (Low Carb Spinach Quiche)
Keto Feta and Spinach Omelette for Egg Haters
Low Carb Sesame Tahini Bread
If you liked this delicious keto savory cookies with stinging nettle flour, you can find my weight-loss plan for women in “The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan”!
LOSE THE EXTRA WEIGHT WITHOUT LOSING YOUR MIND!
“The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan” is your guide for a faster, easier, and healthier weight-loss!
Achieve your desired healthy weight without starving or exhausting workouts!
THIS BOOK WILL TEACH YOU HOW AND ANSWER ALL YOUR BURNING QUESTIONS:
-> How can I burn the extra fat without starving myself?
-> How to stop the yo-yo dieting for good?
-> How to build healthy routines on an autopilot with zero willpower?
-> How to support my digestive system and slim down at the same time?
-> How to lose the extra weight without sacrificing my health?
-> How to learn to listen to my body’s needs in terms of nutrition and fitness?
-> and so much more!
GRAB YOUR COPY AND START TRANSFORMING YOUR BODY AND MIND RIGHT NOW!
Drop the extra pounds, restore your gut health, and quit dieting with “The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan”!
Stay tuned for more healthy gluten-free and low carb recipes and health articles!
Until next time!
- The Easiest Manifestation Technique Ever - April 13, 2021
- 40+ Great Gifts for Leo Man (Best Gift Ideas for Leo Male) - April 5, 2021
- What is 10th House Lord in Sixth House in Astrology? - March 19, 2021