This post contains affiliate links! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full affiliate disclosure HERE.
The information I share in this blog is based on my personal experience, conclusions, observations and studies, or taken from books and educational materials, which are mentioned in the articles. I am not a medical professional, nor a health expert. Before implementing any of the information shared in this blog, consult with your physician or nutritionist!
The Best Female Hormonal Imbalance Foods (PMS Clean Eating Guide)
The PMS disorder cured for good – all women want that. Mood swings, abdominal cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness – these are just a few of the most common symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome.
Some or all of these uncomfortable signs affect the majority of women throughout their reproductive years. Although it is considered as a normal and manageable situation for most women, 30-40 % of females experience severe symptoms that make it impossible for them to keep up with everyday life.
We are used to hearing all the time that PMS is normal and it is “not a big deal”. Women have gained notoriety for their mood swings and even have been ridiculed for it.
But is it really “normal” to feel so frustrated 10 days (sometimes even more) of the month? Is there a way out of it? And I mean completely, not just temporally to relieve the symptoms.
To answer this question we need to figure out what is the cause of the syndrome.
Premenstrual Syndrome is a consequence of an imbalance of the secretion of reproductive hormones in the female body. Sometimes these hormonal imbalances can deepen causing intermediate menstrual bleeding (menstruation between the cycles – around the 13th-15th day) or even early stages of mastopathy. In other words, to get rid of and to prevent the PMS disorder and other related conditions we need to restore the balance of female hormones.
Some genital infections (such as Chlamydia, Mycoplasma, and Ureaplasma) can cause severe hormonal problems. Unfortunately, they run with almost no symptoms, so it is advisable to make a test first to get the possibility of infection out of the way.
But don’t freak out, because these kinds of infections are rarely the cause of hormonal imbalances.
What are the most common causes for PMS and PMDD?
- Stress – stress and reproductive hormones are very similar. But since our survival is a top priority, stress blocks the proper secretion of hormones from the ovaries. Overworking, constant exhaustion and bad working environment are also considered negative stress for our bodies. This point is especially relevant for women working in intensive electromagnetic fields (electrical substations workers, physiotherapists, trolley drivers, tram drivers etc.). Try to regularly set some time during the day/night to relax and unwind. You can try some deep abdominal breathing and some aromatic oils to help you out.
- Sleep insufficiency– only during sleep our bodies synthesize growth hormones which are crucial for our regeneration and proper recovery from stress. Consult with your doctor whether you might need some melatonin supplements to help you fall asleep faster and have more quality sleep.
- Light insufficiency – the pineal gland’s secretion of hormones is entangled with the ovarian hormones. Since the pineal gland needs enough light to do its job, light insufficiency is detrimental to our reproductive health. Try to get out and do some walking during the day.
- Unhealthy diet – vitamin and mineral deficits and lack of other vital nutrients disturb the normal functions of the body and stimulate hormonal imbalances. Unfortunately, nowadays meat and other animal products contain a lot of hormones from the livestock. Therefore a very good choice would be to find a local farm with range-free and grass-fed animals that haven’t been treated with hormones and antibiotics.
Also, one huuuge culprit for all kinds of hormonal and endocrine issues is high amounts of sugar in our daily menu! So, if you are looking for a simple PMS diet book packed with healthy recipes (including my special low carb vegetarian staples cookbook), I have a FREE book bundle just for you! And speaking of the low carb diet plan, I would like to remind you that my new book on healthy weight-loss using the low carb diet plan for women is up on Amazon!
Remember to grab my FREE gifts – healthy recipes, healing smoothies, and gentle detoxing rituals! ↓↓↓
Go HERE and claim your copy now!
How to balance the hormones?
First of all, we need to consider to what extent the previously mentioned causes are relevant to our lifestyle. Only after that we can make certain changes towards better reproductive and hormonal health – to lower the stress level, to spend more time in nature under the sun, to make healthier diet choices etc. There are also many natural ways to restore the hormonal balance in our bodies – through herbs, certain foods and natural food additives, homeopathy, yoga, essential oils etc. Here are some simple suggestions:
Remember to consult with your doctor before you implement any of these supplements, foods or herbal remedies!
What to include in your female hormonal balance diet?
1. Propolis – it is the universal immune system booster; it also helps the ovulation. Take 20-30 drops of Propolis Tincture diluted in 1 tbsp pure water, 30 min before a meal. Propolis should not be ignored especially if there is a predisposition to ovarian cysts.
2. Gelee Royal (a.k.a. royal jelly) – it can be used even for hormonal imbalance prevention. The dose should be 500 mg/day. Mix 10 g pure organic Gelee Royal with 200 g honey and take 1 tsp from the mixture each morning. If it is available only in capsules, take 1 capsule 3 times a day before a meal.
3. Flaxseed (or golden linseeds which are much more digestible) – grind the seeds into flax seed powder. Take 5-10 g powder a day.
4. Sprouts – all sprouts act as immune system stimulators, but they are also powerful assistants to the hormone system. It is advisable to eat 50-100 g sprouts a day to benefit from their healing properties.
The best female hormonal imbalance natural supplements:
1. Night Primrose (Oenothera biennis) – Night Primrose oil contains gamma linolenic acid (one of the most essential unsaturated fatty acids in the human body) which secures the prostaglandin E1 synthesis. Prostaglandins E1 are hormone-like substances which are important for our overall hormonal status and blood circulation.
Night primrose oil should be taken not more than 2-3 g a day. If it is taken in capsules (0.5-1 g oil per capsule), the dose will be 2-3 capsules a day. There are a lot of herbal products for hormonal balance on the market containing this oil. Ask your physician for advice.
2. Red Clover (Trifolium pratense) – the Red Clover tincture boosts the female hormonal system; also it can be used for recovery after antibiotics, corticosteroids and other medications. Red Clover is excellent for relieving menopause and PMS symptoms.
Take 20 drops (around 1 ml) Red Clover tincture mixed with 50 ml water 3 times a day before a meal.
If you are struggling with hormonal weight gain and slow metabolism, feel free to check out my weight-loss plan for women in “The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan”!
LOSE THE EXTRA WEIGHT WITHOUT LOSING YOUR MIND!
“The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan” is your guide for a faster, easier, and healthier weight-loss!
Achieve your desired healthy weight without starving or exhausting workouts!
THIS BOOK WILL TEACH YOU HOW AND ANSWER ALL YOUR BURNING QUESTIONS:
-> How can I burn the extra fat without starving myself?
-> How to stop the yo-yo dieting for good?
-> How to build healthy routines on an autopilot with zero willpower?
-> How to support my digestive system and slim down at the same time?
-> How to lose the extra weight without sacrificing my health?
-> How to learn to listen to my body’s needs in terms of nutrition and fitness?
-> and so much more!
GRAB YOUR COPY AND START TRANSFORMING YOUR BODY AND MIND RIGHT NOW!
Drop the extra pounds, restore your gut health, and quit dieting with “The Energy Boosting LCHF Diet Plan”!
Stay tuned for more health articles and recipes!
‘Till next time!
- What is 10th House Lord in Seventh House in Astrology? - April 23, 2021
- The Easiest Manifestation Technique Ever - April 13, 2021
- 40+ Great Gifts for Leo Man (Best Gift Ideas for Leo Male) - April 5, 2021